Authentic contexts for primary computing CK405 / D01
Who is it for?
Primary teachers and Primary computing leads
What topics are covered?
- why teach through context?
- learning through the context of the Wider World
- exploring existing resources
- using stories to develop context
- developing computing through everyday contexts
- planning for context-based computing
Who is the course leader?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- recognise why and how authentic contexts support learning in computing
- understand how to structure teaching using contextualised learning ensuring computing objectives are met
- take-away a selection of resources and techniques to support the teaching of computing using authentic contexts for different year groups
|1 Authentic contexts for primary computing||04 July 2022||09:00-10:30||Virtual|
|2 Authentic contexts for primary computing||04 July 2022||10:30-12:00||Virtual|
|3 Authentic contexts for primary computing||04 July 2022||12:30-14:00||Virtual|
|4 Authentic contexts for primary computing||04 July 2022||14:00-15:30||Virtual|
Fees & Bursaries
Our remote CPD courses for teachers are delivered across a series of sessions run at specific times and dates. Information on all course sessions can be found under the description of each course. To complete a course, all sessions are mandatory.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available