CLEAPSS Health & safety management for heads of science RH636 / C01
The main emphasis of this one-day course is on management issues and risk assessment. It is intended for Heads of Science, their deputies, heads of physics, chemistry and biology and those aspiring to such posts.
The objectives for the day are:
- Raise awareness of current and significant safety issues in science teaching.
- Develop a better understanding of what is required by health and safety legislation.
- Consider the implications of this for the management of safety in science departments.
- Consider the risk assessment process, as required by the Management regs, COSHH regs and others
- Understand the uses of a safety policy and how it can be monitored
- To devise an action plan
Who is the course leader?
By the end of this course, you will:
- have explored in detail what health & safety legislation requires and what it does not
- have considered what constitutes a sensible, manageable and effective approach to risk assessment
- appreciate the need for a health and safety policy
- have considered how its implementation can be sensibly monitored.
|1 CLEAPSS Health & safety management for heads of science||04 July 2022||09:00-16:00||St Clement Danes School|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£150.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£150.00 +VAT|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available