Exploring the outdoors with the early years foundation stage NY060 / A22
Outdoor learning and play is widely acknowledged as being very beneficial to children’s early development. Taking children outdoors offers unique experiences to enhance their existing skills and knowledge and develop those important characteristics of effective learning. It offers them more opportunities to engage in a whole range of activities on a larger scale with no worries about noise levels, mess or space restrictions. Outdoor learning, being in the fresh air and space, have also been shown to have real positive impacts on children’s well being and development.
“All sessions gave me lots of ideas and helped me reflect on my current practice and plan to improve it through outdoor learning that is purposeful and engaging.” Previous participant
Who is it for?
This course is for EYFS practitioners who are new to the EYFS of those would like to develop their current provision for outdoor learning.
What topics are covered?
This two day course covers:
- all areas of the EYFS framework including; mathematics, understanding the world, communication and language, expressive arts and physical development
- engaging activities to use with your children to support learning
- ways to enhance continuous provision within the outdoors classroom
- planning learning experiences that allow children to explore interactions with nature
- forest school activities to engage our EYFS children
How will you learn?
This course will be delivered face-to-face.
How long is this course?
This is a two-day residential course.
Who is the course leader?
You will be able to:
- identify and plan opportunities for the development of the outdoor classroom
- have an extended range of strategies to engage children with their immediate environment
- access resources to support the EYFS curriculum whilst working outdoors
|Exploring the outdoors with the early years foundation stage - day 1||14 June 2023||11:00-19:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
|Exploring the outdoors with the early years foundation stage - day 2||15 June 2023||09:00-16:00||National STEM Learning Centre|
Fees & Bursaries
If the course you would like to attend is fully booked, please contact email@example.com to express your interest in being added to a waiting list. We will contact you when the course is due to run again.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available